Currently the Manitoba Chiropractors Association licenses and regulates the practice of chiropractic in Manitoba.
Under new legislation enacted in 2009 (RHPA) the College of Chiropractors of Manitoba will be the regulatory body established for the health profession of chiropractic. Every doctor of chiropractic practicing in Manitoba will be required to become a registered member of the College. Until the changeover to the College is complete, the Manitoba Chiropractors Association (Regulatory Board) assumes these duties.
The College of Chiropractors of Manitoba (legislated in 2009) will be the regulatory body established for the health profession of chiropractic. Every doctor of chiropractic practicing in Manitoba will be required to become a registered member of the College. Until the changeover to the College is complete, the Manitoba Chiropractors Association (Regulatory Board) assumes these duties.
The Regulatory Board (and eventually the College) is responsible for protecting the public interest, establishing and enforcing standards of practice and ensuring licensed Manitoba chiropractors provide high quality health care. It develops and set standards of practice to assist chiropractors in delivering safe and effective health care.
The Regulatory Board protects the public and patients in accordance with the new legislation by:
- Registering and licensing Manitoba chiropractors to ensure only qualified and competent chiropractors are registered to practice in the province
- Establishing, monitoring and enforcing professional and clinical standards to ensure delivery of safe, effective and ethical chiropractic care
- Investigating and resolving complaints, and where necessary, disciplining members
- Ensuring registered chiropractors maintain their knowledge and clinical skills through a mandatory continuing competency program
This process is intended to improve the regulatory role and responsibilities of the MCA and its provision of health services.
The MCA has more than 275 registered doctors of chiropractic who practice throughout Manitoba.
Related to “Dr.” Ho
Michael Ho markets his products and services internationally under the brand name of “Dr. Ho”. With respect to the Province of Manitoba, please note that this individual is not licensed to practice chiropractic. As such, he is not authorized to:
- Use the term “chiropractor” or “chiropractic” in Manitoba;
- Imply that he is licensed to practice chiropractic in Manitoba;
- Present himself as a chiropractic specialist, or use the title of “doctor”, “D.C” or “Dr.” of chiropractic.
As the regulatory body for chiropractic in Manitoba, the Manitoba Chiropractors Association does not endorse the representations made by this company or individual in advertising which appears in various forms in Manitoba media.