The following requirements form the Manitoba Chiropractors Association application for Membership;
1. Confirmation from CCEB on successful completion of the Canadian Clinical Skills Exam
2. (This is sent by CCEB to MCA quarterly) http://www.cceb.ca/
3. Completion of the Initial license application and declaration “Application”
4. $325 non-refundable application fee. Fee must accompany completed license application and declaration to be processed
5. Original Chiropractic college transcripts from an accredited doctor of chiropractic educational program “Accredited Colleges” recognized by the Manitoba Chiropractors Association.
6. Government issued photo identification
7. Criminal Reference Check (must include vulnerable sector search)
8. If applicable; Letter of good standing from current jurisdiction in which the applicant is licensed. It is NOT a requirement that an applicant be registered with another jurisdiction, however an experienced practitioner who has met the above requirements may be exempt from part A of the CCEB exam.
Upon receipt of the above application requirements, the candidate may book an appointment to write the MCA Jurisprudence exam with the licensing committee. The Jurisprudence exam is an open book multiple choice examination. The study package may be mailed out to the candidate or may be found here,
Code of Ethics
After successful completion of the Jurisprudence exam, the following will be required:
- Confirmation of when the new member intends to start practicing
- Payment of MCA membership dues
- Provide confirmation of professional liability protection plan.
Professional liability protection plan is required in advance of attending to any patient(s).